Community calls vs stage chats

Last month community calls were cancelled. At the same time there was e. g. a stage chat on the api3 discord

How about integrating these both ways of communication / collaboration with the community and live stream on api3’s YT (and also for the purpose of recording them) any stage chat at the same time? I was only thinking of api3 topics related stage chats, but the “big thinks” could also attract much more listeners (that it needs) once people can watch/ listen in on YT and also watch later if they missed it (most miss it because unaware or no time)

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it makes sense to re-configure the community faced comms. However, I think it’s also possible that this creates clutter on the official YT channel. Perhaps it would be better to have a community YT channel that can undertake tasks/things like this.

1 Like

Just to throw it in there - i was busy last month combined with conferences in Lisbon etc so i unfortunately did not have as much time preparing this as i usually do.

But Community calls will be continued as usual going forward.

2 Likes

Good points! One problem is that the community calls have been too dependent on @UgurMersin. He’s amazing but he’s only one person. We need a more decentralized solution. The show must go on even when Ugur is unavailable. I think we can spread the load better in the marketing team. @Marcus can you help manage this?

I like the idea of Big Thinks being mixed with community calls! Not sure about it but it’s an interesting idea. @sashkica what are your thoughts?

1 Like

I agree that we should opt for a more decentralized solution to avoid a single point of failure. I can assist with the planning of these calls if needed.