Community calls vs stage chats

Last month community calls were cancelled. At the same time there was e. g. a stage chat on the api3 discord

How about integrating these both ways of communication / collaboration with the community and live stream on api3’s YT (and also for the purpose of recording them) any stage chat at the same time? I was only thinking of api3 topics related stage chats, but the “big thinks” could also attract much more listeners (that it needs) once people can watch/ listen in on YT and also watch later if they missed it (most miss it because unaware or no time)

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it makes sense to re-configure the community faced comms. However, I think it’s also possible that this creates clutter on the official YT channel. Perhaps it would be better to have a community YT channel that can undertake tasks/things like this.

1 Like

Just to throw it in there - i was busy last month combined with conferences in Lisbon etc so i unfortunately did not have as much time preparing this as i usually do.

But Community calls will be continued as usual going forward.

2 Likes

Good points! One problem is that the community calls have been too dependent on @UgurMersin. He’s amazing but he’s only one person. We need a more decentralized solution. The show must go on even when Ugur is unavailable. I think we can spread the load better in the marketing team. @Marcus can you help manage this?

I like the idea of Big Thinks being mixed with community calls! Not sure about it but it’s an interesting idea. @sashkica what are your thoughts?

1 Like

I agree that we should opt for a more decentralized solution to avoid a single point of failure. I can assist with the planning of these calls if needed.

Are these calls still a thing? Why not use YT and create a separate playlist where community chats are uploaded and can be easily filtered by the playlist folder.

Holding live streams on YT can also engage more discussion from outsiders or even API3 holders from live comments Q&A.

1 Like