Team: Marketing and Communications
Operations Cycle: #4
Period: August 1, 2021 - October 31, 2021
Amount: 406,038.05 USDC
This is the cycle where API3 really comes out of the gate and makes a splash. We intend to hone our strategy and narrative, ramp up community engagement, and actively promote both the project and partners.
The core marketing team has the following priorities.
- Elevate the API3 brand quality and awareness
- Guide the API3 vision, mission, and market strategy
- Articulate and communicate the API3 narrative and messaging
- Engage, support, and grow the API3 community
- Enable and facilitate scalable, sustainable project contribution
- Drive adoption of API3, helping establish the marketplace
- Support business development efforts and deliver inbound leads
- Ensure a positive customer experience that fuels a virtuous cycle
|Team Grants & Expenses||223,050.00|
|Estimated Additional Expenses||183,861.48|
Cycle 4 represents a dramatic increase in marketing effort and resources compared to previous cycles. The authoritative DAO went live in cycle 3 which sets the stage for API3 to officially go to market and make a big impact. It’s the launch we’ve all been waiting for.
The marketing team is organized in 6 areas of focus/roles.
- Management & Advisory: Set high level goals, guide & support, coordinate planning, track and report progress, serve as arbiter
- Growth & Business Development: Generate leads, coordinate with biz dev, customer experience
- Community & Social: Engage, support, and grow the API3 community and social media following
- Geography & Language: Adapt marketing efforts to non-English languages and geographical regions
- Content & Design: Design and create content to support API3 goals
- University: Engage and facilitate API3 awareness and use in academic research
Great success comes with a great effort from a high-performing team. In order to ensure the success of our aggressive goals we propose increasing the API3 marketing team to the following:
|Manu||Community / Communications||PT||4,000|
|Ben||Growth / BD Support||FT||5,000|
|Ugur||Community / Social / Conferences||FT||7,500|
|Marcus||Community / Germany||FT||5,000|
|Michael||Content / Social||PT||2,500|
|Entrecasa||Design / Web Dev||TM||4,500|
- We will actively engage and reach out to grow the API3 community, including developers and API providers as well as DAO participants.
- We will actively pursue earned media and publicity from large publications.
- We will actively pursue strategic partners with innovative use cases that showcase API3’s unique strengths.
In addition bolstering the marketing team, we also propose budgeting for the following expenses in Cycle 4.
Advertising & Promotion: We will run advertising and promotional campaigns to support API3 and partners. For example:
- Ad platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Reddit, Brave, Search Engine, etc…
- Community contests such as content creation and hackathons
- Press, publications, traditional media, and industry-focused media
- Public Relations: We will actively engage publications to amplify the API3 narrative and news.
Conferences: We will attend conferences with a greater presence such as:
- Messari Mainnet
- SWAG: Physical promotional items such as shirts, masks, stickers, etc…
- Content: We will create high quality, professional content including video, web, and social media.
- Administrative: We will invest in tools and infrastructure to enhance marketing team efforts.
- Bonus Pool: Performance-based bonuses to incentivize growth activities.
- Cycle 3 Backpay: We sent a larger than planned team to EthCC and we did not anticipate ramping up community and PR efforts in cycle 3. This covers the budget overrun.
|Advertising & Promotion||45,000.00|
|Cycle 3 Backpay||11,361.48|
- Publish updated vision and mission. Overhaul website to reflect updated vision and mission.
- Extensive community engagement and outreach activities with a goal of minimum 300% increase in community activity.
- Expand community from being Telegram-centric to being distributed across the API3 Forum, Discord, Reddit, and Github.
- Add German/Germany as a language/geography target audience.
- Dramatically increase publicity and earned media on major news publications.
- Deliver regular industry and case study promotions that showcase API3 and Airnode.
- Create high quality multimedia content including video and animation.
- Consistent narrative that clearly articulates the benefits and differentiators of API3.
- Go live with API Provider partner marketing
- Co-marketing program that leverages the power of our partner network to raise the API3 tide.
- Continued increasing blockchain industry recognition and awareness for API3’s solutions, leading to more adoption by smart contract platforms and decentralized applications.
- Increased API industry recognition and awareness of API3’s solutions, leading to more adoption of the Airnode solution by API providers.
- Pushed content out as part of our presence on various social media platforms - Twitter, Reddit, LinkedIn, Telegram, and Discord. This will include business development updates, technological updates and content about the broader goals of the project.
- Created AMAs together with our different communities (Vietnam, Korea, China) and sustain the level of periodic engagement that has occurred so far with the help of our community calls.
- Increased the engagement by bringing more partners and/or influencers to our calls.
- Ensured that our content is translated into articles for our different regional communities on a regular basis, following which they are disseminated via news outlets.
- Executed EEA marketing push for events in May and June, and going forward from there during this quarter and expand profile and presence there.
- Produced landing page for Airnode.
- Maintained an active community for API3, and facilitating the involvement of our community contributors in the API3 project.
- Continued our educational series on the impact of data source-driven smart contracts on different industries, so as to serve as an informative source for the various participants of those industries, as they discover the broad use cases and benefits to be gained from synergizing with the blockchain space.
- Maintained the decorum that has been instilled in our public social channels with the help of our Community Stewards.
- Launched API3 Forum
- Presence at BTC Miami, APIdays Interface, EthCC Paris
- Sponsored Sovrython Hackathon
- Promoted Authoritative DAO launch
- Kicked off University outreach program
- Ramped up community and PR efforts
- Launched API3 newsletters
- Updated project vision, mission & market strategy
The Destination will be a 2/3 multisig wallet managed by Ryan Boder, Manuel Alzuru, and Erich Dylus.
Ryan Boder is designated as an authorized signatory on behalf of the API3 Foundation for such agreements reasonably related to accomplishing the objectives and deliverables set forth in this proposal, until revoked by subsequent DAO Resolution.