Team: Enormous.cloud team
Period: 15 October 2021–15 January 2022 (3 months)
Amount: 42,600 USDC
Destination: enormouscloud.eth (0x6518c695cdcbefa272a4e5ef73bd46e801983e19)
The goal of this period is to deliver a user-friendly web interface for API3 Airnodes management and maintain additional tools (RRP Explorer) which are not in the focus of the core development team.
Core development team is actively working on the airnode smart contracts, deployment utilities, while management of the airnodes is primarily done with command line interface utility, and only source code researchers have an understanding of what is being done. We consider having an interface for user-friendly multiple airnodes management would be much more beneficial to simplify involving more teams to operate API3 airnodes and will help in API3 mission promotion
In this milestone, the team is taking commitment
- To deliver working version of Airnodes Management UI by the 15th of January, 2022
Please see Appendix for the explanation of the screens and functionality
- Keep it up to date with core team development ongoing changes of RRP, smart contracts and admin command line interface
- Follow API3 design guidelines
- Host a demo version limited by security limitations
- Support current tools for API3 already made by the Enormous Cloud team
The main functionality of the tool would be
- See all the history of operations of the airnodes managed wallet with decoded details
- Show endpoints usage statistics and requests details history
- Show templates usage statistics and requests details history
- Requesters whitelists management
- Requesters history and sponsorship
- Request withdrawals and their history
- Explicitly show admins, and their ranking
RRP explorer is a static webpage (built in Rust, compiled into Webassembly) that decodes events of airnodes interactions with any EVM-compatible networks for any smart contract of Airnode RRP. It’sgoal is to help dAPI developers using airnodes to look back in the history and debug details of airnode events during development.
airnode-rrp-log is a CLI tool with the same functionality. Can be installed with
USAGE: airnode-rrp-log [OPTIONS] --address-contract <address-contract> OPTIONS: --address-contract <address-contract> API3 secondary voting agent address --max-block <max-block> Max block to stop contract events --min-block <min-block> Number of the first block to start watching --rpc-batch-size <rpc-batch-size> Ethereum JSON+RPC batch size for reading. --rpc-endpoint <rpc-endpoint> Ethereum JSON+RPC HTTP address
- Deliver visual interface for Airnodes Management UI and keep it up to date with protocols of the core development team.
- All work results will be open sourced and hosted on Github under MIT license.
- Host UI version of API3 Airnode RRP Explorer, maintain both Web UI and CLI versions
Preview: API3 Airnode RRP Explorer
- Keep hosting and maintain Enormous API3 DAO Tracker
Live version: API3 DAO Tracker - on-chain analytics: members, staking rewards, API3 token circulating supply
|Github Name||Role||FT/PT||Amount (USDC)|
|enormous||Lead Rust Developer||FT||18,000|
|whatifitrains||Backend/Senior Rust Developer||FT||15,000|
|whitewingshorse||Frontend/Intermediate Rust Developer||FT||9,600|
Enormous Cloud team are independent contractors from Eastern Europe. We are not a part of the core team, but we are big believers in what API3 does and have been trying to support the project since the spring of 2021. API3 DAO Tracker, which is hosted on enormous.cloud and became a popular tool in the API3 community, is a proven track record of the team.
The management UI will be able to listen to multiple smart contracts in multiple networks at the same time. Once an added smart contract is synchronized with the blockchain, one can select any Airnode that was interacting with it.
Only airnodes that are controlled by a configured wallet will be allowed to be manageable. Otherwise the airnode will be viewed as “read-only”, still giving a possibility to explore all its history in a user-friendly manner.