API3 Alliance FAQ
We’ve put together a short list of frequently asked questions about the API3 Alliance here -
- Are these providers all live?
- The API providers are currently being integrated to testnets pending the release of Airnode’s beta version, which is intended for mainnet and production usage
- How can I use data from these providers?
- We’re building ChainAPI, a combined integration platform and marketplace, to allow these providers to be easily integrated to dapps. In the meantime, you can reach out directly to the providers listed for an earlier integration, or email@example.com
- Who is using these already?
- We have announced some projects intending to use data from these providers in our Medium. Currently we’re finishing a beta version of Airnode, intended for production usage, and expect the first users will be online shortly afterwards.
- Why is provider xyz not running an Airnode?
- We’re in touch with lots of providers, so this list will keep growing over time. If you have a suggestion of a particularly relevant API provider, the best place to discuss it would be in our builder discord.
- How can I provide data?
- You can fill out our Join the API3 Alliance form for more details and assistance. We are developing an integration platform, ChainAPI, that will allow you to deploy your own Airnode soon as well.
- What smart contract platforms will I be able to use their services on?
- These API providers will be available across all Airnode supported chains. These include Ethereum, Polygon, xDai, Harmony, Fantom, Moonbeam, Plasm, Arbitrum, Avalanche, BSC, Arbitrum, Hecochain and more.
- Are these data feeds?
- These are individual APIs that are usable by on-chain applications over their Airnode. The API3 DAO will be using APIs like these to build data feeds.
- Are you in talks with xyz?
- We cannot comment on any ongoing business development work.
- Some of these data providers run oracles for other oracle projects?
- We make no demands for exclusivity on data providers, and feel that the design of Airnode makes it extremely easy to operate. It makes sense that providers already aware of blockchain, and looking to use it to monetize their data, are interested in doing this over Airnode as well.
- I want to know more about these providers but don’t want to spend time clicking the links
- We’re going to highlight these providers in upcoming articles with more information about them and what they offer
- Why did provider xyz not tweet/write an article about this?
- We leave it up to individual providers to decide the level of publicity they have around their integration. We’re only announcing the providers here that are happy to be included in our collaborative marketing efforts.
For questions not covered here, or more detailed explanations, we’d suggest asking in our Discord server - https://discord.gg/XX8fJ4Qpq3