Period: 7 August 2021–31 October 2021 (~3 months)
Destination: TBD multisig, with me (Sasa) as one of the signers
- dAPIs will initially be built on Ethereum using Solidity with the Airnode beta protocol
- For this initial undertaking, we will be building a general framework for creating/deploying/managing dAPIs, as well as deploying our first data feed in alignment with the BD team.
- In other words: the main deliverable at the end of this undertaking will be at least one data feed deployed on mainnet (if auditor timeline permits), otherwise on test net.
- As a consequence, the other deliverable will be an audit-ready smart contract framework for creating, deploying, and maintaining dAPIs.
Create necessary contracts for dAPI deployment.
- dAPI abstract contract
- aggregation contract with several aggregation methods
- E.g. median, hybrid-mean, mode
- Authorization contract (to control who can/can’t modify dAPIs once deployed)
Write deployment script.
Deploy at least one dAPI on mainnet (if auditor timeline permits), otherwise on testnet.
- Monitor data feeds for >1 week to check for things like: response time, variance of responses (i.e. how well does the given aggregation method work?)
Get everything in an audit-able state. Reach out to auditors.
- Note: Funds for auditing will be requested via an additional proposal when the time comes.
I.e. things that could reasonably be goals, but are explicitly chosen not to be goals
- data feed monitoring (i.e. dashboard-like thing)
- pub-sub data feeds
- dAPI pricing strategy
- dAPI insurance model
Note: these things will be covered by later undertakings by this team in alignment with the dAPI monolith.
- Audit-ready smart contracts for creating, deploying, and maintaining dAPIs.
- At least one dAPI on mainnet (if auditor timeline permits), otherwise on testnet
Note: Weekly updates will be made on this forum, in a dedicated thread.
Rough but more detailed timeline on deliverables: dAPI Undertaking #1 work plan & deliverables - Google Docs
- one FT expert developer (Sasa)
- one FT intermediate developer (Hitesh)
- gas costs for testing on mainnet
Total = (3 x $8750/month) + (3 x $5000/month) + $5000 = $46,250